Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Nursery Reveal... on a dime


We've been hard at work...
My goal was to create a cute nursery for Zoey on a dime
Without painting AND without overly spending.
I can't even begin to express how happy I am with how it came out...

Guest Futon
Wall Decals - Target 17.99
Tissue Puff Balls - $3 for supplies
Canvas - $24.99 Target
Pillow - $5.00 London market
Futon - We've had it for a while

Crib
Frame - Free (re purposed)
Lamp - $19.99 Target
Accessories - Free (Gifts)
Owl Pillow - $16.99 Target
Headband - Free (Yeah, I made that crap)

Boppy Pillow - Free (Borrowed from a friend)
Boppy Cover - $12.99 Target
Quilt Fabric - $42.00 Joanne's 
Crib/Mattress - Free (Given to us by a friend)

Changing Table and Closet
Swing - Free (Borrowed from a friend)
Owl Blanket - $4 fabric from Joanne's (Black Friday...)

Changing Table Dresser/Pad - $45.00 Garage Sale
Changing Table Cover - Free (From a friend)

Wall Decals
Wall Decal Pack - $17.99 Target
Total Cost of Nursery...
$191.95

Total Number of Gift Cards...
$125.00

TOTAL OUT OF POCKET 
$66.95

Craziness, right?!

We are definitely blessed to have great friends who have given us gift cards, hand me downs and borrowed baby stuff!! 

I am SO excited for Zoey to see her new room...

6 comments:

Mad Madam Mel said...

wow, thats so sweet, a fab job on the makeover, I'm sure she will love it when she arrives :)

Cara said...

Beautiful. I wish we had Target over here!

Holly said...

Love the room, especially all the owls!

pixiechar said...

gorgeous!! and i love owlies <3

Joy said...

Aww, how sweet! Love your blog! I think I spent about $60-$70 out of pocket on my son's nursery, but also have some generous friends and lucked out on craigslist for all the furniture, including a $15 crib (which WAS considered safe until they outlaws drop-side cribs). Love your tutorials... I knew there had to be a lazier way to etch glass then what I was finding elsewhere!

Jenna Richard said...

This was lovely to readd