Friday, November 12, 2010

Crochet Hook Carry-All

Do you ever have one of those days where you can't find ANYTHING? Everyday is that day to me. I became increasingly frustrated with a recent baby blanket I've been plugging away at (pictures to come...), because I keep loosing the things I needed to finish it!

First I ran out of string, so I bought some more, only to lose the new spool THAT day. So I went out and bought some more in the wrong size. So I bought even MORE string, only to realize that I've misplaced all my needles. Finally when I find the needles, my crochet hook is nowhere to be seen. Please tell me that I am not the only one that this happens to. 

In frustration, desperation, and inspiration, I found this fantastic tutorial online for a crochet hook case!! FINALLY a solution to the hours I spend searching for missing hooks, needles, and scissors. I can't tell you how many hooks I've had find their way into the land of lost hooks....




I am not exactly the most masterful sewer, but after seeing the number of pockets, and imaging how nice it would be to have all my things in one place, I wanted had to make this.


After two hours of diligently sewing (and calling my mother for advice...like I said, she is my crafting rock), I came up with this beauty:





What's that you say? You think the outside is georgous? Oh just you wait until you see the inside!

 Oh the magical wonderment your crocheting eyes will behold....
I present to you....
POCKETS!

I know, I know, you're jealous. You want one. I did too....that's why I made it. You are just going to have to check out this 

Alright, alright, you talked me into it...here's another picture for the road....


It's easy, it's simple, and you hardly need any material to make it. If you crochet, it's worth the time. Let me know if you try this one out, because I had a blast making it myself!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Very cool! I will have to make one of these when I come out!!